Monday, March 4, 2013

Oscar Results and Comments

Sorry it has been awhile for me. I have been in and out (more out than in) of town for the past 3 weeks, but now I'm home and have some catching up to do!

So the Oscars did not turn out well for me this year. Obviously I am most excited about Anne Hathaway winning best supporting actress. However, many of the other categories I did not agree with especially, as you may imagine, Best Picture.

I got a few right and a good many wrong, and, of course, feel like my choices frequently got robbed. However, I am excited for Ben Affleck, I think he is a pretty cool guy, but I still don't think Argo deserved it. I also thought the First Lady's presentation was odd and extremely out of place and made the whole thing look rigged (Affleck and fellow producer George Clooney are both major Obama supporters). In my opinion, organizations should always avoid the appearance of any kind of fraud or deceit, especially in this day and age where everything is so highly scrutinized. It also does not help that Argo has a political element to it, adding to suspicions. 

I also was not a big fan of the host or his hosting. I do not understand why they go to so much trouble to make the event "funny." I enjoyed parts like the cast of Les Mis singing as well as Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum dancing. Those were classy. But as for the rest, leave it for Family Guy Seth McFarlane. 

Well, there is always next year. Maybe it will be better for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment